In conjunction with Stevens Henager College, Mayor Eyre is happy to announce two scholarship opportunities available to Murray City residents, employees or their immediate families.
- Mayor’s Choice Associate’s Scholarship for $15,000; and
- Mayor’s Choice Bachelor’s Scholarship for $25,000
These scholarships will be awarded by the mayor to any Murray City resident, employee or immediate family member (with preference given to an employee in the event of several applicants).
If interested, please submit an essay of 500 words or less, “How I Can Improve My Life by Continuing My Education,” to the Mayor’s Office by 5 p.m. on June 30, 2017.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Recipient of the Mayor’s Choice Scholarship may use the scholarship towards tuition charges for any one of the Stevens Henager College Associate or Bachelor’s degree programs (based upon the respective certificate awarded).
- Recipient is required to interview with one of the college’s admissions representatives before he/she is allowed to enroll into one of the college’s degree programs.
- A recipient is required to meet all current admissions criteria for enrollment into any degree program.
- The Mayor’s Choice Scholarship will be awarded ratably, by term, over the course of the recipient’s degree program.
- A recipient will have to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and 85 percent attendance in his/her degree program in order to continue receiving disbursements on the Mayor’s Choice Scholarship.
- A recipient of the Mayor’s Choice Scholarship will not be eligible for any other scholarships or grant programs sponsored by the college.
- The recipient may receive other third party scholarships and or financial aid funds to assist with his/her education.