2015 City Election Information
The next Murray City Municipal Election will be held on November 3, 2015. The following seats will be up for election:
- Councilmember District 1 (4-year term)
- Councilmember District 3 (4-year term)
- Councilmember District 5 (4-year term)
Qualifications for Candidacy
- Be a United States citizen at the time of filing.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election.
- Be a registered voter.
- Be a resident of the municipality for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
- If elected from a council district, the person must be a resident of that council district.
Filing for Office
Qualified individuals seeking to become a candidate must file a Declaration of Candidacy in person with the City Recorder during the following dates and times:
Monday June 1, 2015 through Monday June 8, 2015 from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.
For further information, you may contact the City Recorder's office at 801-264-2660.
Additional Election Information
Most State elections are handled through the Salt Lake County Elections Division, and may be contacted at: (385) 468-8683.
For State, County, School Board, and other election information, such as voter registration,
Utah State Elections