Electronic Funds Transfer
Terms and Conditions
1. Automatic payments will be deducted from the customer's designated bank account on the payment due date indicated on the customer's monthly billing statement, plus or minus two business days.
2. Allow 30 days for processing upon initial sign-up.
3. If the customer changes banks or bank accounts, the customer will need to sign a new authorization agreement. A manual payment may be required for one month.
4. A new authorization agreement is not required if the bank name or account number is changed by the bank and notification is received from the bank.
5. Any electronic funds transfer that is returned unpaid to Murray City Utilities will be charged a $20.00 service charge as specified in Murray City Municipal Code Section 3.04.050. Utility service may be terminated for failure to make good on a returned electronic funds transfer within 48 hours of notice.
6. Murray City will reimburse the customer for wrongful debits made as a result of an error by Murray City Utilities and actual bank charges incurred as a result of that error. Murray City Utilities will not be liable for any other actual, incidental, consequential or special damages resulting from any wrongful debit.
7. Either party may terminate this authorization agreement at any time for any reason by notifying the other party in writing. Termination will be effective within one week after receipt of notification.
Sign up for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and your utility bill payment will be automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account each month.
Signing up for EFT is free. To sign up for this service, follow these steps:
- Fill out the EFT Sign-Up Form
- Continue paying your bills as usual until the message "Bank Account Drafted For" appears on your bill notifying you that it will be paid automatically.
- You will still receive a monthly bill to make sure you deduct the correct amount from your account balance. Make sure to double-check your bank statement to ensure the funds transfer occurred.