Applicants wishing to obtain a Temporary Murray City Business License shall comply with the following: **
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Apply to the City through the Community Development Division for a temporary business license. All State requirements shall apply as with any business.
- Pay the Business Licensing Fees as outlined on the Fee Schedule. A temporary license shall not exceed a period of 90 days in any one location. The applicant may not apply for a similar temporary business license more than twice within 12 consecutive months from date of issue.
- Provide the City with a Property Owner Authorization letter/agreement from the owner/landlord of the property being used stating the two parties are in agreement as to the use of such property.
- The temporary facility shall be removed within 5 days of expiration of the license date or last day of sale, whichever occurs first.
- Fireworks stands and Christmas tree lots are also required to:
- Pay a refundable cash deposit or letter of credit in the amount of $200.00 for each outdoor sales location. This fee will be refunded upon request once the property has been inspected. Refund must be requested within 30 days of expiration of license.
- Provide proof of personal and property and public liability insurance in force in the amount of $100,000.00/$300,000.00 with the City as a name insured.
- Pay any other licensing, investigation, bonds, etc as outlined in the Murray City Municipal Code.
- Comply with all provisions of Section 5.04.180, et seq., of the Murray City Code.
*Most Temporary sales will need to file a site review plan with the Planning & Zoning commission showing adequate parking facilities, etc.
**Due to the fact that City Zoning Ordinances do not allow sales from City streets or sidewalks, we do not issue licenses for sidewalk vending carts.