Youth Cross Country
Youth Cross Country 2020
Murray Parks and Recreation youth Cross Country running program includes children ages 6-18 (based on being 6 years old as of December 31, 2020). This program will help youth learn to improve their running techniques and skills while improving their endurance in order to compete in several meets including an all county meet. Weekly practices will be held. If you like running and like to compete, this program is for you.
Head Coach Walter Watchman
Dates: Sept. 1 - Oct 9
Practices: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
Time: 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Place: Murray Park (meet at pavilion #5)
Orientation: August 24, 5:30 pm at pavilion #5
Division (classified by birth year), Age Group & Birth Year, and Race Distance:
- White Ages 6 to 7 2011-2012 2K
- Red Ages 8 to 10 2008 - 2010 3K
- Yellow Ages 11 to 12 2006 - 2007 3K
- Green Ages 13 to 15 2003 - 2005 4K
ALL COUNTY MEET:
Register: www.mcreg.com at the Recreation Office or at the Park Center
Deadline: August 17 in the morning at 8:00 am or until full (which ever is first).
New race: Junior Race, in collaboration with Murray High Cross Country, September 18th at Murray Park. We will be racing at about 4:30-4:35 pm during the high school Tri XC meet . Ages 6-8 will run 1 mile and ages 8 -14 will race 2 miles. Also invited are the younger siblings of the XC runners of Highland and Hillcrest. Register at www.mcreg.com
HayDay 2K October 6th at Willow Pond 6059 S Murray Parkway Avenue (1080 W) Just north of the Murray Golf Course
- Running shoes.
- Supportive under-garments. Girls: comfortable sports bra, designed for medium to high impact sports. Boys: compression shorts (optional).
- Athletic clothing: running shorts, sweats or tights (depending on the weather) and comfortable shirt or tank top.
Click Links below for results!
2018 All-County Results Blue Girls & Boys (Wardle Fields)