Spring Soccer 2021
Soccer is the #1 played sport in the World. Murray Parks and Recreation soccer includes: PreK-6th grades are recreational, grades 7-12th play competitive. (Some teams may be Coed.) Registration includes uniform (jersey, shorts & socks), 8 games, and weekly practices. Games will be played on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
DATES: April TBD to May TBD 2021.
GAME DAYS: Thursday Nights (5:45 pm & 6:45 pm) Saturday Mornings (9:00 am & 10:00 am).
DIVISIONS: Coed Pre-K (3 yr old minimum), Coed Kindergarten, Girls 1&2, Boys 1&2, Girls 3&4, Boys 3&4, Coed 5&6 & Coed 7-12.
COST: $50 Residents, $60 nonresidents, $5 late fee after the deadline.
DEADLINE: March TBD, 2021, 8:00 am.
REGISTER: www.mcreg.com, Parks and Rec Office or the Park Center.
Spring Soccer Flyer 2020
For more information, call 801 264-2614.
Soccer Ball Basics
A proper sized soccer ball is a must for every player. Soccer balls usually come in three different sizes:
- Size 3 balls are the smallest balls and are generally used for children under the age of 8
- These balls are generally 23-24 inches in circumference and weigh between 11-12 ounces
- Size 4 balls are used for players between the ages of 8-12
- Size 4 balls weigh between 12-13 ounces and have a circumference of 25-26 inches
- This is the international standard match ball for all ages 13 and older, including all adult play
- The size 5 ball weighs between 14-16 ounces with a circumference of 27-28 inches
All Soccer games will begin the morning of April 18th (Saturday).
- April 18 Saturday
- April 23 Thursday
- April 25 Saturday
- April 30 Thursday
- May 2 Saturday
- May 7 Thursday
- May 9 Saturday
- May 14 Thursday
- Any rain-out games will be played May 16 if possible.
Teams will be formed the first week of April and then the volunteer coaches will be notified. The coaches meeting will also be April 1, 2020 6pm - 7pm (location TBA). You may then expect to be contacted by your child’s coach with team info including when and where they will hold practice.
- Shin guards ARE required. Team Gear (8472 S State St. Midvale, Ut) gives Murray Recreation 20% off regular retail price.
- Shoes: Younger grades need an athletic running type shoe but soccer cleats are not required. Older grades will want a soccer cleat. NO METAL cleats are allowed.
- Supportive under-garments. Girls: comfortable sports bra, designed for medium to high impact sports. Boys: compression shorts (optional).
- Team jerseys, shorts and socks will be given out at the first game.