- Business licenses are non-transferrable.
- Licenses are valid only for the owner/officers/corporation that are listed on the original application on file with the City Recorder's office.
- Any change in ownership, corporate status, officers, etc. requires a new business license to be applied for and approved prior to conducting business.
- Any change in business address requires a new business license application
- When a business is sold, the original owner will need to provide the City with written notification to close their business license account.(see Closing a business)
- The new owner(s) are required to apply for and obtain a new business license with the City prior to commencing/conducting business.
- Original License becomes invalid at the time of sale.
Please note that processing time for a new application averages 7 to 10 business days, and the City does not offer temporary or interim operating permits or license. Please allow time for processing the application.
In-office applications are accepted Monday-Friday, 08:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at:
4646 South 500 West
Murray Utah 84123