Adult Volleyball League
Level B – B level players are more advanced than just recreational players. These players understand the game and are able to perform most of the necessary skills required to be successful. These players have competed on club, high school, or somewhat competitive recreational teams, and have been very successful in doing so.
Level BB - Level BB players have a great understanding of the game and its objectives. They're comfortable on the court and know where to be at all times. Level BB players possess all of the skills needed to be successful in a competitive environment. These players often play competitively and typically have in depth knowledge of offensive and defensive game play. These players have played on high level club or college teams.
Level A - Level A players are above average competitive players. These individuals may possess the skills needed to play professionally. They have in depth knowledge of offensive and defensive game play, and use advanced strategies to be successful. Level A players are typically in excellent physical condition and are able to compete at a high level. These players are former club and/or college athletes, and are extremely competitive.
Indoor Adult Volleyball Leagues
Adult (18 years and older). The 1st place and 2nd place teams will receive awards pending enough teams. We reserve the right to modify format of league. Register in person at the Park Center (202 E. Murray Park Avenue) or Murray City Parks & Recreation Office (296 E. Murray Park Avenue) Register on-line (you must have an account with Murray City to register). Minimum of 8 teams per league. No refund after schedules are completed. After deadline an additional $30 for each league. For more information: 801-284-4200 press Number 5.
|Night||League||Dates||Cost Per Team||Deadline||Location|
|MONDAY||Women's A||September 13- November 1||$270||9/6/2021||The Park Center|
|THURSDAY||Coed B/BB||September 2 - October 21||$270||8/25/2021||The Park Center|
Coed 6's League: Teams will consist of 3 male and 3 female players. Teams may play with 5 players (3 male & 2 female OR 3 female & 2 male) the ghost rule will apply. (side out and point for opposing team when the missing player rotates to serve.) Women's 6's League: Teams will consist of 6 female players. Teams may play with 5 players the ghost rule will apply. (side out and point for opposing team when the missing player rotates to serve.) Max of 8 teams.
The following is a list of procedures and requirements that we have put into place so that everyone can play safely. Please read through the list thoroughly and reply to this email saying that you will comply with all of them. If you and your teammates are not willing to comply, we will have to drop your team from the league.
1. Spectators and children are not allowed in the facility at any time during the league. Spectators are considered anyone who is not actively playing during the match. Only the players who will be playing on a team may enter the facility. Please make arrangements prior to your matches so that we don’t have to turn anyone away.
2. Please limit your team to no more than 8 players per week if you plan to sub during the match. Subs must physically distance while on the sideline, wearing a mask.
3. All players must be 18 years or older
4. Masks will be required to enter the facility. Once in the gym they may be removed while players are on the court.
5. Players will have their temperatures taken every night when they arrive at the facility and asked if they have had any symptoms of Covid-19. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 or with symptoms is not allowed in the building.
6. All players must fill out the roster completely the first night they play. After the first week, players must mark the roster as they enter showing that they were here on a certain date. This is for contact tracing and required by the health department. We will have a table with the rosters laid out so that they are easily accessible.
7. All players must sign a liability and waiver form before they may play. This only needs to be done once per league.
8. Each team will have an area of the gym, labelled with their team name, where they may place personal items and get ready to play. Please try to physically distance with your team as much as possible, and refrain from going near other team’s areas.
9. The drinking fountains will be turned off so please have all players bring a water bottle. Water bottle refilling stations are available.
10. Teams will not switch sides of the court between sets to minimize exposure.
11. Players will be asked to use hand sanitizer before entering the gym.
12. Players will be allowed in the gym no sooner than 10 minutes prior to their game time. There are two sessions with four teams in each session. The first starts at 7:00, and the second starts at 8:40. We have scheduled in 20 minutes between the sessions so that there is time for players from the first session to leave the facility before the second session is allowed in. This will help in limiting the number of people we have in the gym and help us stay under the required capacity. If your team is in the first session, please exit as soon as possible so the next session can come in, and please don’t arrive too early or you will be asked to wait outside the facility.
13. Captains are responsible to let their players and subs know all of the new requirements and procedures.
14. Zero Tolerance for un-sportsman like conduct or anyone not willing to follow rules.
Our staff will also be doing a few things to help keep the players safe. Equipment, including balls and nets, will be sanitized before and after each session. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the gym. Officials will be using electronic whistles and wearing masks.