Murray City is permitted by the State of Utah to discharge urban storm water runoff under the Jordan Valley Municipalities permit. As required by this permit, the city has developed a Storm Water Management Plan implementing measures to improve storm water runoff quality. View the Storm Water Management Plan (PDF).
To report a spill or an illegal discharge into the storm drain, please call Murray City Public Services at 801-270-2440 or after-hours, weekends or holidays, please dial our dispatch at 801-264-9669.
On July 1, 2006, Murray City implemented a stormwater utility to pay for the costs associated with the collection and management of the Citywide storm drain system. This includes street sweeping, storm drain cleaning, maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and capital improvements throughout the system.
The utility also funds a management program mandated by Federal and State agencies which require increased water quality and quantity controls to mitigate the impact of pollutants that may be discharged from the City drainage system into nearby rivers and streams.
- Salt Lake County Stormwater Coalition
- Stormwater Guidance Manual
- Land Disturbance Permit Application`
- Stormwater Utility Credit Application (PDF)
- SWPPP Template (PDF)
- **Sand Bag Locations (PDF)**
- Storm Water Inspection and Maintenance Agreement (PDF)
- Best Management Practices for Construction Activities (PDF)
- Common Plan of Development Documents
Storm Water Information Pamphlets
- Fresh Concrete and Mortar Application (PDF)
- Household and Vehicle Maintenance (PDF)
- Landscape Gardening and Yard Maintenance (PDF)
- Paint and Household Hazardous Waste (PDF)
- Pet Waste and Water Quality (PDF)
- Industrial Management Practices (PDF)
For more information, contact one of the following: Superintendent - email Russ Kakala - 801-270-2442
Storm Water Supervisor - email Lynn Potter - 801-270-2453
Storm Water Inspector - email Derrick Bolton - 801-270-2453
Lead Worker - email Josh Hill - 801-270-2453
Engineering - email Trae Stokes - 801-270-2401