Chalk Art Contest
The Murray Cultural Arts Board invites you to participate in our Annual Murray Fun Days Chalk Art Contest!
- Registration closes at 5pm on Friday, June 28th. Space is limited. Registration Form
- Check-in: July 4, 6-7am
- Registration Fee: $10
- Registration and payment must be made at the Murray Parks Office (296 E Murray Park Ave)
- Bring an example of your proposed drawing with registration form. All artwork must be family-friendly and is subject to approval.
**To guarantee shirt size, please submit registration before June 17th if possible.
- Child (12 and under)
- Teen (13-17)
- Adult (18+)
- At check-in, all registered artists/groups will receive 1 box pastel chalk and 1 box black & white chalk, hand wipes, gloves, and a t-shirt.
- Additional boxes of chalk will be available for purchase at check in: $2 for a 24-count box of colored chalk; $1.50 for a box of 3 black/3 white.
- You may bring your own extra-soft or chalk pastels. NO TEMPERA PAINT ALLOWED.
- Judges will start at 2 pm.
- Winners will be announced at 2:30 pm.
Murray City reserves the right to disqualify any artwork that is deemed inappropriate. All artwork must be family friendly. If artwork is not your own idea, please give credit to the original artist/source. Murray City is entitled to photograph and reproduce the chalk art for the purpose of historical record and future publicity.
The weather will be hot! We encourage you to bring an umbrella and lots of water!