Murray City Election Information
Murray City Municipal Elections
The following information is for the 2019 Murray City Municipal Primary and General Elections.
Murray City will hold a municipal election in 2019 where the following seats will be up for election:
- Councilmember District 1 (4-year term)
- Councilmember District 3 (4-year term)
- Councilmember District 5 (4-year term)
The Primary Election will be held on August 13, 2019 (if needed), and the General Election will be held on November 5, 2019
Qualifications for Candidacy
- Be a United States citizen at the time of filing.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election.
- Be a registered voter.
- Be a resident of the municipality for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
- If elected from a council district, the person must be a resident of that council district.
In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 2-1-101.3 or 20A-2-101.5 of the Utah Code.
Filing for Office
Qualified individuals seeking to become a candidate must file a Declaration of Candidacy in person with the City Recorder during the following dates and times:
Monday June 3, 2019 through Friday June 7, 2019 from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.
For further information, you may contact Jennifer Kennedy, City Recorder at 801-264-2663.
If you need to register to vote, you can easily do it on line. Please visit the Online Voter Registration Website to find out more. You will need to have a current Utah Driver's License or Identification Card to register to vote using the online system.
You can check your voter registration status, the location of ballot drop boxes and vote centers, and view other election information at the Salt Lake County Clerk's Election Website.
Visit Vote Utah to view candidate profiles, find information about polling locations, register to vote, view sample ballots and much more.