- Murray City requires that a valid business license be held by anyone conducting business within Murray City.
- "Business" means and includes every craft, trade, occupation, profession, or activity pursued for gain or profit, excluding services rendered by an employee to an employer.
- Non-profit, charitable, governmental, and insurance agencies are also required to obtain a business license, although they may be exempt from license fees.
- Processing time varies due to circumstances where a conditional use, Health Department approval, etc. is needed. Murray City does not offer interim licensing.
- You must have your business license issued prior to opening/operating.
- Each business location will need a separate license.
- Licenses are not transferable from address to address, or from owner to owner.
- Minor changes, such as mailing address, may be submitted without an application.
- Murray City requires that written notice be submitted if a business has moved out of the City or is no longer conducting business. Please note that license fees are not refundable.
ALL persons or partnerships doing business in Utah under an assumed business name must register with the Secretary of State. Corporations, LLC's, etc., must file articles & name registration. You can register online by clicking on the following link One Stop Online Business Registration
Temporary and Seasonal Businesses
Temporary and seasonal businesses are required to obtain licenses prior to opening/operating.
Renewal notices are mailed out the first of the month in which the license expires. In order to avoid penalty fees, renewal forms and payment must be received in our office during normal business hours prior to the expiration date.
We do not accept post marks as timely payment and cannot be responsible for lost or misdirected mail. Responsibility of renewal is total responsibility of the Licensee. Failure to receive notices does not excuse this responsibility.
Online Business License Renewal
Only licenses without changes can be removed online. If there are any updates to the number of employees, vehicles, etc., you will need to come into our office or mail your renewal notice along with your payment. Business licenses are not transferable. If there is a change in ownership or business location, please contact the Business Licensing office at 801-270-2432.
- Exempt businesses with no fees must submit the renewal notice to the business licensing office and are not able to renew online.
- By using the online renewal option, you agree to the terms and conditions as outlined above.
- First time users will need to register to create an account for the Citizen Self Service. You may access the Citizen Self Service portal by using the provided link:
Our office address is:
4646 South 500 West
Murray, Utah 84123
Telephone: (801) 270-2420