Temporary Businesses

Applicants wishing to obtain a Temporary Murray City Business License shall comply with the following: **

  1. Be at least 18 years of age.
  2. Apply to the City through the Community Development Division for a temporary business license. All State requirements shall apply as with any business.
  3. Pay the Business Licensing Fees as outlined on the Fee Schedule. A temporary license shall not exceed a period of 90 days in any one location. The applicant may not apply for a similar temporary business license more than twice within 12 consecutive months from date of issue.
  4. Provide the City with a Property Owner Authorization letter/agreement from the owner/landlord of the property being used stating the two parties are in agreement as to the use of such property.
  5. The temporary facility shall be removed within 5 days of expiration of the license date or last day of sale, whichever occurs first.
  6. Firework stands and Christmas tree lots are also required to:
    1. Pay a refundable cash deposit in the amount of $200.00 for each outdoor sales location. This fee will be refunded upon request once the property has been inspected. Refunds must be requested within 30 days of expiration of license.
    2. Provide proof of personal and property and public liability insurance in force in the amount of $100,000.00/$300,000.00 with the City as a name insured.
  7. Pay any other licensing, investigation, bonds, etc as outlined in the Murray City Municipal Code.
  8. Comply with all provisions of Section 5.04.180, et seq., of the Murray City Code.

*Most Temporary sales will need to file a site review plan with the Planning & Zoning commission showing adequate parking facilities, etc.
**Due to the fact that City Zoning Ordinances do not allow sales from City streets or sidewalks, we do not issue licenses for sidewalk vending carts.